Thursday 20 March 2014

SS14 Trends: Matching Sets

I thought I would do a post on one of my favourite trends this season. The matching set. I have well and truely fallen for the matching set trend being an owner of six matching sets myself. I am going to give a short review of a number of online stores that I believe have some lovely matching sets.

1. Glitters for Dinner 

Image of 2 Piece Black Anchor Set
Two Piece Black Anchor Set (link here) - £27.25

Image of MADE TO ORDER - As If Black Checkered Set
As If Black Checkered Set (link here) - £51.48
Glitters For Dinner website (link here)

Glitters for Dinner is a unique and affordable online clothing store based in Australia. They produce one off, unique pieces that it's likely no one else will own the same item as you. GFD's matching pieces really stand out for me. The company produce matching set designs which aren't available anywhere else which I really like. GFD are true to their word when they say they are affordable as I bought a full matching set for under £30 which is a total bargain and not forgetting, they also ship worldwide for FREE. So, if you're looking for a unique matching set, definitely check out Glitters for Dinner!.  


2. Motel Rocks

Motel Annie Skirt and Mindy Top pack in Monochrome Symmetry (link here) - £45.00

Motel Pacey T - Shirt and Jeanie Pants pack in Windsor Blue (link here) - £62.00
Motel website (link here)

Motel have some fab matching sets. There are many two pieces to choose from and in lots of different styles. I personally like the two pieces listed above. I currently own the Monochrome Symmetry set and I love it, it's so much better than the pictures. Although, I would say to purchase the skirt in a smaller size than what you normally would get as it tends to come up a little bigger. I am a big fan of the turtleneck trend this SS14, so I just had to purchase the top also. The price is £45.00 and cheaper if you buy it as a set rather than separately. I don't currently own a trouser set yet so I'm hoping to make the Windsor Blue set my first one! The outfit reminds me of pyjamas, I can imagine it's super comfy and I love the cropped leg. The pieces would look good as separates also. This matching set is a little more pricey at £62.00 but I can imagine it is worth the price! 

3. ASOS

Image 1 of ASOS PETITE Exclusive Mesh Insert Structured Top
1, ASOS Petite Exclusive Mesh Insert Structured Top (link here) - £28.00
2. ASOS Petite Exclusive shorts with Mesh Insert (link here) - £28.00

ASOS Slim Trousers In Luxe Fabric
1. ASOS Blazer in Luxe Fabric (link here) - £55.00
2. ASOS Slim Trousers in Luxe Fabric (link here) - £40.00
ASOS website (link here)

If you're looking for a smart, chic matching set, then ASOS is the place to go. ASOS was one of the first stores to begin the matching set trend in 2012/2013. The ASOS petite matching set (listed above) is perfect for the Spring and Summer season as it would be perfect on a hot day, yet it is very on trend being a pastel shade and having mesh inserts. I currently own this matching set and if you're thinking of purchasing this, I recommend you do as it is very flattering. The shorts are a high waisted shape and look great as a separate with other pastel shades, as does the top. Each piece of this outfit is £28.00 which I feel is reasonable. The second matching set outfit is another trouser set. However, this outfit is more chic and elegant. This outfit would be perfect for a formal occasion. Again, it is also a pastel lilac colour which is one of my favourite shades. The trousers are a cropped, ankle grazer fit which is very on trend this season. The jacket is a boyfriend fit, so I imagine this outfit would give off a boyish look which I love. However, this set is a little pricey at £55.00 and £40.00 but you can purchase the items as separates.

4. Poppy Lux

1. Poppy Lux Rosie Top - Blue/White (link here) - £26. 00
2. Poppy Lux Rosie Skirt - Blue/White (link here) - £28.00
Poppy Lux website (found here)

I have only discovered Poppy Lux but I'm so glad I have found it as I'm sure I'll purchase plenty from them. This matching set caught my eye as did the price as I think it is very reasonable for a matching set. This matching set would be perfect for a Summers' day and as separates. I think they would go nice with pastel colours which are huge this SS14. I definitely recommend you purchase from Poppy Lux. Especially as they have 10% off for new customers and free delivery, what's not to love?! 

5. Lily Collett

Image of PINK STRIPE COORD

Image of STRIPED COORD
Striped Coord (link here) - £50.00
Lily Collett website (link here)

Last but certainly not least, is Lily Collett. I have been eyeing Lilys' two pieces ever since she had followed me on Twitter. They are without a doubt one of the best matching sets made from fabric and material that I have seen yet. I am yet to purchase a two piece from Lily but that is only because they sell out really fast due to high demand. However, I really do like the Striped Coord (listed above) which is still on sale at £50.00 which is reasonable considering it has been made from scratch. The first matching set listed above is by far my favourite, but unfortunately it had sold out quickly. The matching sets that Lily makes range from two piece and three piece sets. Lily makes the sets with a variety of different fabrics, materials and designs. Lily is definitely one to watch for the future, I recommend you go check out her website!. 

If you know of any matching set websites then please let me know :) also, I will be doing a matching set post in a few weeks with pictures of me in my matching sets that I currently own. 

Until next time, 
Sommer x

No comments:

Post a Comment