Friday 21 February 2014

My favourite outfits from The Brits 2014

As stated in The BAFTA's post, this week is a hectic time for London and Awards Evenings.
On Wednesday night, The Brits were held at The O2 Arena in London. It's one of the biggest nights in the music calender but eyes were more on what the celebrities were wearing rather then what they were winning.
There were plenty of amazing outfits, yet there were some pretty bad ones. But, this post is about the outfits that I personally liked. I would just like to state that I own none of these photographs. I will source where I got them from.

Firstly, is the forever stylish Fearne Cotton. Fearne hardly ever puts a foot wrong when it comes to fashion. Prada was the outfit choice for Fearne at this years Brits. The dress resembled a metallic look. Metallic clothing is going to be a huge trend this year and Fearne carried this trend off superbly. Fearnes' outfit was simple yet stylish with her silver bag and matching heels. If only this dress was from Fearnes' "Very"collection, then we could afford it :(
Source: www.digitalspy.co.uk - Found here
Source: www.contactmusic.com - Found here
Prada website - Found here

The next outfit I really liked was by Peaches Geldof. The outfit that Peaches wore was extremely simple but she pulled it off well. Even though Peaches is a mum of two, she rocked a gorgeous toned stomach (which I'm very jealous of!) in a black crop top and black leather skirt. And what's more?! Peaches proudly supported a high street retailer as this outfit was from none other than River Island!! (Yes, us mere mortals can actually afford this :) ) The clothes from River Island listed below are not exactly the same as what Peaches wore but are similar pieces. 
Source: www.mirror.co.uk - Found here
River Island Black Leather - Look Pencil Skirt £30 - Found here
River Island Black Cami Crop Top £6 - Found here

Pharrell Williams is my next choice. The musician traded his trusted Vivienne Westwood hat for a classy Lanvin suit. The tuxedo was a sliver glittery colour. The trousers were tapered at the hem which I thought, suited Pharrells' frame and look. Pharrell finished off this outfit by donning black patent brogues. This is a very classy look, which I feel is a great trend for men. However, I spoke to soon about the hat. Pharrell performed his signature song, "Get Lucky" with Nile Rodgers, where Pharrell saw it to be a great opportunity to bring out the headpiece. All I'm going to say is, 'What a hat.'
Source: www.justjared.com - Found here
Lanvin website - Found here
Vivienne Westwood website - Found here
Vivienne Westwood Mountain Hat $614.82 - Found here

My next two choices are going to be written together as I think they are wearing similar outfits. (Well, kinda). Beyonce and Lily Allen both wore sparkly, glittery numbers. Let me focus first on Beyonce. This may get me into trouble (I apologise) but I'm not going to hold back on my opinions as this is partly what my blog is for. I feel Beyonce is somewhat overrated (I'm sorry!). Beyonce is a great singer but I feel people treat her like a Queen. Saying that, Beyonce and Jay - Z are one of my favourite Celebrity couples. Beyonce, as always, looked gorgeous in a glamorous outfit with a reported 400,000 Swarovski crystals. The star wore a sparkling floor - length green dress which was by Vrettos Vrettakos. The dress was long sleeved and suited Beyonce perfectly. As I'm sure the majority of us can't afford the price tag, I have found a similar dress at Motel Rocks. It is the Gabby Sequin Plunge Back Dress which is £58 and very sparkly indeed. Lily Allen also wore a long sleeved sparkley dress. Again, this dress suited Lilys' figure and had a vintage vibe to it with its' turtleneck style and long length. The dress was a black number by Norrell; it was simple yet elegant. 
Source: www.stylist.co.uk - Found here
Vrettos Vrettakos website - Found here
Motel Deluxe Gabby Sequin Plunge Back Dress In Iridescent Green £58 - Found here

Lastly, my choice is Ellie Goulding. There have been articles floating around that Ellie Goulding and Kylie Minogue were the worst dressed at The Brits, however, I disagree about Ellie but DEFINITELY agree with Kylie. Ellie Goulding dazzled fans by arriving at the Ceremony in a dress fit for a Princess (quite literally). Elie Gouldings' dress was by Vivenne Westwood. The gown had a sculpted pink bodice with frothing white layers of netting from the waist down. This dress really complimented Ellies' figure and I felt the colour suited her. 
Source: www.mirror.co.uk - Found here
Vivienne Westwood website - Found here

These were just a few of my favourite outfits from The Brits. I just wish I could afford them! 

Tomorrow I will be doing a post on how I style my velvet pieces together. 

Until then, 
Sommer x


No comments:

Post a Comment