Monday 17 February 2014

Angelina Jolie at The BAFTAs 2014 - THE Tailored Suit

This week is definitely a big week in regards to fashion in the UK. Three star - studded events are being held this week. The events are: London Fashion Week, The BAFTAs and The Brits. Basically, it's all about the London look.
This post is concentrating on Angelina Jolie at The BAFTAs and tailored suits.
The androgynous look is becoming more and more popular with the female population. Style and comfort is becoming a must. Angelina Jolie proudly mixed chic and the androgynous look as one at The BAFTAs this week.





Didn't Brangelina look fabulous together at The BAFTAs?! I remember when Victoria and David Beckham tried to attempt to pull off matching outfits on the red carpet a few years ago  (which failed immensely!) but Brangelina succeed!
Angelina looks gorgeous and definitely rocks the androgynous image and Brad is just looking at her adoringly, aww. The tailored suit that Angelina is wearing is from Yves Saint Laurent. Now, I am probably speaking for the majority of people right now but Yves Saint Laurent isn't exactly affordable, especially if you're a poor graduate like me. But it's okay! There are affordable tailored suits out there!

ASOS Tailored Jacket and Trousers:

ASOS Relaxed Blazer  £35 - found here
ASOS Trousers in Crepe with Slim Lapel £45 - found here

I am a big fan of ASOS' suits. They are smart and can be relied on. The Relaxed Blazer is smart yet casual with its fit. I can imagine it is a comfortable blazer. Sometimes, I find blazers can be quite tight and I can never really feel I have a lot of space to move around in fitted blazers. Therefore, I tend to stick to boyfriend blazers. This blazer would be perfect for a formal occasion yet can be worn with a pair of jeans for example. 
The ASOS trousers in Crepe actually are part of a matching set with a more fitted blazer. But after some consideration, I personally felt the relaxed blazer looked better with these trousers. But, the blazer which goes with the trousers is also listed on the link above if you prefer that blazer. :)

ZARA Royal Blue Blazer and Jacket: 

                   ZARA Buttoned Blazer £49.99 - found here
ZARA Ankle - Cropped Trousers - £29.99 - found here

This is a gorgeous royal blue tailored suit from Zara. Tailored suits don't have to be just black. Wearing this suit, you would definitely stand out from the crowd and would be making a great statement. I am a big, BIG fan of ankle grazer type trousers as they really compliment your ankles and look great with flats and boots. Ankle - cropped trousers are making a big impact on the fashion scene this year. (I own many pairs). I am also VERY impressed with the price of the cropped trousers at £29.99!. Usually Zara can be over priced I feel, but this is a reasonable price! The trousers look great quality too. This suit would definitely brighten up a dull office!. 

So, there we have it. My first blog post. How do you like to style tailored suits? Have you seen any reasonably priced tailored suits? Hope you enjoyed my first blog post (first of many!). :)

Lots of love, 
Sommer xx

No comments:

Post a Comment